Robots and artificial intelligence are no longer part of sci-fi movies, but have become intrinsic part of our life. Today, it’s not only the businesses that want secure, scalable and feature-packed and futuristic web sites but with the rise of web access through mobile, the users are also looking for smart, fast and feature-packed websites with highly personalized UX. This is where AI comes into the bigger picture, redefining all the conventional web development elements and taking it to a different level where the UX is the main focus as long with speed and personalised content.
What is Artificial Intelligence or AI?
AI is the ability of a machine or computer program to learn, to work, to react and think like actual human beings. Use of AI in the website development is beneficial to the consumers, businesses and the website developers.
The impact of AI in Web Development can be briefly described as follows:
- Enhanced UX – Chatbots that are empowered with AI simulate actual conversations and adapts responses in an accurate way. Machine Learning, a branch of AI, allows web applications to adapt over time by observing and learning from users’ habits, and preferences. Both these features help taking the user experience to next level.
- Personalized Content: With help of AI, the audience can be shown certain content that is designed for them and offer recommendations based on their past behaviours.
- Voice search optimization: Faster search by voice search solutions like Cortana and Siri ensure that instant and accurate information is provided to customers.
- Personalised Store Experience: The presence of AI-based solutions will gradually make the online store experience of internet users a lot more personalized
- AI as Website designer: AI virtual assistants are capable of creating websites combining brand, design, layout and content that the user expects by thinking and asking questions from the user perspective and by offering real-time suggestions that are essential for the website development process.
There are some concerns with respect to AI in terms of loss of jobs as machines replace humans, privacy issues as lot of personal data is collected and stored by machines and lack of human interaction.
With a growing number of web designers and developers shifting towards AI-based design practices, artificial intelligence has now become an indispensable part of modern web development.