Reasons why you should use WooCommerce for creating an E-commerce Website?
According to Built With, if we go by numbers, WooCommerce powers 41% of websites across the e-commerce market.
By the way, do you know anything about WooCommerce?
Let’s not skip the fundamentals, so let’s do that here.
‘Built on WordPress, WooCommerce is an open-source e-commerce plugin.’
Want to know what a plugin is?
‘A plugin is a piece of software with a group of functions that can be added to WordPress websites to enhance the functionalities.’
Now read more and learn why WooCommerce fits the bill of being a perfect platform for building e-stores?
Key WooCommerce Features you should know
- It’s Free & Open-Source
- Unlike proprietary software, you don’t have to pay a license fee. As a developer, you can download and redistribute the software without any forms of restriction. As it is open-source software, you can modify the source code as necessarily your website asks for.
- Irrespective being an open-source platform, WooCommerce is secure and not vulnerable to any threats as developers around the world will be working on a regular basis updating security patches.
- It is Built for WordPress
- Developers of WordPress community will have greater benefits having WooCommerce on their side while designing e-commerce websites. They get to have access to hundreds of free as well as premium WordPress plugins that would enhance the functionalities of a website to a greater extent.
- Geo-Location Support
- The geo-location feature lets you easily track your customer’s address. That way it would make shipping and payment process much easier and convenient. It’s convenient for you as a store owner because you can calculate custom tax exactly based on your customer’s location. It is convenient for your customers because they are getting the privilege of good customer service.
- Search Engine Optimized
- With the benefit of being designed for WordPress, it will be obvious that e-commerce websites build under WooCommerce would certainly make a good impression on search engines.
- You can sit back and relax while your e-commerce website is earning good search engine rankings over the time and dominating the search engine result page over time.
- Multilingual Support
- If you need more leads, going global doesn’t work, because, your first and top priority should be the local audience.
- When you have a strong customer base on your homeland, it will be easier to expand over the border in the later time. According to W3Techs.com, English accounts for 54.9% of web content. There is no denying that it is the most popular and widely-spoken language, but the fact alone will not help if your local community fails to connect with your business website.
- The multilingual support feature allows customers to select the language they desire, giving them better user-experience.
- Pre-Installed Payment Gateways
- An online store to be successful should have everything that would promise to make the whole process easier for its customers.
- The payment gateway is one of the core features, which exemplifies the importance of user-experience carried under WooCommerce. Pre-installed payment gateways increase business opportunities as it encourages customers to move further into the conversion funnel giving them preferences over the payment process.
- Inventory Management
- Manually counting stock is not reasonable, but at the same, it is quite a necessity that you keep watchful eye on your stocks. The inventory management system helps you do that with fewer bone breaks.
- Never had been inventory management so easy and convenient. You can accurately keep track of orders that are shipped or canceled on a daily basis and remain stocked all the times. In case an order is canceled you will be provided with a notification to the email address provided.